Neon Pink Nail Polishes: Ten of the Best
If we were to list two nail trends that made waves in 2018, they would have to be glitter nails and neon nails. Taking us back to the 1980s, a place where many of us hoped never to return, these bedazzling nail trends may have taken many of us by surprise, but neon colours are here to stay my fellow manicure aficionados, and if you want to stay on trend for the coming season, its time to ditch the red and dabble with a bit of neon pink!
Having already done neon nail polish the first time round, I have to admit that I wasn’t overly keen on delving into the world of neon brights for a second time. But after seeing the gorgeous shades released by Shellac, OPI and China Glaze this year, my fears of neon nail polished floated away along with my distant memories of rah-rah skirts, ankle warmers, and the toe-tapping tunes of Culture Club.
The neon nail polishes of today are colour rich, made to last, and available in a veritable rainbow of bright and beautiful hues, but its pink neon nails that made their way onto the runways of Paris, Milan, New Your and London this year, and so we thought we’d review 10 of the best to find out what it really takes to get beautiful neon nails.
Top 10 Neon Pink Nail Polishes
- Glow with the Flow by China Glaze. China Glaze truly embraced the neon nail polish trend this year by dedicating an entire collection to glow-in-the-dark nail varnishes. Glow with the Flow is a vibrant and energising shade of neon pink nail polish that guarantees to make you standout under the disco lights my fellow divas, but it may be a tad full-on for your coffee morning in M&S!
- Pink Leggings by Shellac. Described by the brand as a ‘high octane’ colour, Shellac Pink Leggings Nail Varnish captures the very essence of pink neon nails. A fabulous shade of fuchsia, it’s bright, it’s shimmery, and it will leave you feeling sizzling hot on the dance floor as you unleash your inner Dancing Queen.
- Flashbulb Fuchsia by OPI. Get your glow on with OPI’s Flashbulb Fuchsia pink neon nail polish. It’s difficult to describe the true beauty of this shimmering varnish, it has a blue base, purple undertones, but it’s most definitely pink – and a very gorgeous pink at that! It’s described by its makers as, “attention-getting magenta for your inner starlet” perhaps that’s why it’s one of my personal favourites?!
- Red-Y to Rave by China Glaze. Another neon pink from China Glaze’s Electric Nights Collection, Red-Y to Rave is a gorgeous coral pink that lights up under neon lights like a beautiful flamingo. It’s a great entry-level option for those who are still afraid of neon, and it’s perfect for the party season.
- Another Ramen-tic Evening by OPI. Serve up a dish of lovely dusty rose kisses, from the Tokyo Collection.
- Berry Shocking by Shellac. Enriched with micronized pigments for intense colour, Shellac’s Berry Shocking Neon Pink Nail Varnish will give your fingernails and toenails a gorgeous berry glow. A fabulous choice for parties and summer holidays, this purplish-pink varnish goes with everything.
- Let the Beat Drop by China Glaze. If you love the ideal of pink neon nails but are not quite ready for a full set, try ‘Let the Beat Drop’ by China Glaze. Featuring a pure white base sprinkled with pink neon glitter, it is the perfect introduction to the world of neon nails.
- Ecstasy. A bright fuchsia with a metallic finish.
- She’s a Bad Muffuletta! by OPI. OPI offer a stunning selection of neon nail polishes ranging from the brightest yellows to zesty limes. She’s a Bad Muffuletta (can someone please tell me where they get these names from!) is a gorgeous pink neon nail polish with hints of orange. It’s a great choice for summer and winter fashions, so you can indulge throughout the seasons.
- Pink Flamenco by OPI. Unleash your inner Señorita with Pink Flamenco Neon Pink Nail Polish by OPI. Like a slice of chilled watermelon on a warm summers day, it’s a refreshing shade of pink that works with everything. While it won’t give you a full-on fluorescent glow under the disco lights, it stands out beautifully after dark, so pair it with a slick of matching lipstick and grab your castanets for a night of fun!
They say that life is too short to wear boring nail polish, and I’m inclined to agree. Embrace those neon lights my fellow fashionistas and colour your world with pink neon nail polish!