Artistic Nail Design is a modern nail company inspired by the world of art. Created by a team of renowned nail artists and product developers who push the boundaries of creativity every day, it offers more than 100 stunning gel polish colours designed exclusively for professional salon applications. The brand describes itself as “Fun, Edgy, and Exclusive”, and you only have to view its collections to see why Artistic is the go-to brand for nail artists and celebrities worldwide.
The History of Artistic Nail Design
Headed up by Vice President & Creative Director Alisha Rimando, Artistic Nail Design is a gel polish brand designed for true nail artists. Part of the Nail Alliance, the enterprise behind Gelish®, Morgan Taylor®, and Red Carpet Manicure, Artistic prides itself on developing innovative products that allow nail technicians to explore new levels of artistry.
Artistic designs and develops its gel polishes in the United States and distributes them worldwide, serving salons, beauty spas, makeup artists, and nail technicians in over 100 countries. It also offers an extensive range of professional nail artistry tools, LED lights, and everyday essentials such as base coat, top coat, and gel polish removers made from technologically advanced ingredients.
Artistic Nail Design has a team of Artistic Angels on hand to support nail technicians with intensive training courses that cover everything from gel application processes to nail art and design. As a brand, Artistic carefully selects its educators based on extensive criteria and currently works with some of the most revered nail artists in the world. As its popularity continues to grow, so does its nail polish collections, and we cannot wait to see what it comes up with next.
Artistic Nail Design Products
Preferred by nail professionals worldwide, Artistic Colour Gloss is a gel polish, quite unlike any other. It is easy to apply, curing in just 30 seconds when using the brands own LED Cure Box, it delivers a high gloss shine that lasts up to 21-days with no chipping, cracking, dulling, or peeling, and you can remove it in minutes.
In addition to its best-selling Colour Gloss gel nail varnish for salon professionals, Artistic offers Colour Revolution Reactive Nail Lacquer for at-home applications (without curing) and Perfect Dip Powders for those who prefer to take the dipping approach.
There is also Artistic Putty™, a monomer-free nail enhancement formula that is considerably lighter than both acrylics and hard gels. Ideal for nail technicians who offer nail extensions, this revolutionary putty is easy to shape, sculpt, and extend, and it cures in minutes under an LED light.
Artistic Colour Gloss Gel Polish
Artistic Colour Gloss is a paint-on gel formula highly-pigmented to deliver exceptional colour in a single stroke. There are currently 120 colours in the collection, with pale pinks, classic nudes, sultry reds, vibrant blues, vivid neon hues, and sensational glitter nail polishes all featuring in the range.
As with all professional gel nail polishes, Colour Gloss requires curing with an LED or UV light. Here are our top application tips:
How To Apply Artistic Colour Gloss Nail Polish
- Prepare the nails just as you would with any manicure, taking care to ensure the cuticles are pushed back and trimmed if necessary and that all surface contaminants are removed.
- Apply a thin coat of Artistic pH nail prep or a similar base coat, remembering to cap the free edges, and cure with LED light (30 sec) or UV Light (2 mins).
- Apply a thin coat of Artistic Colour Gloss, capping all free edges with the brush, and cure with LED light (30 sec) or UV Light (2 min).
- Repeat step three to ensure full coverage.
- Apply a thin coat of Colour Gloss Glossing Gel or a similar top coat and cure with LED light (30 sec) or UV Light (2 min).
- Remove the sticky inhibition layer with Artistic Nail Surface Cleanser and a lint-free pad or wipe.
- Apply a few drops of Revive Cuticle Oil to rehydrate the nail bed.
Top Tip: When applying Artistic Colour Gloss Gel Polish, you’ll achieve the best results if you apply thin coats, use as few brush strokes as possible, and cap any free edges to create an impenetrable seal. Using cuticle oil daily will prolong the life of Artistic gel manicures and pedicures for up to three weeks.
How To Remove Artistic Gel Colour Nail Polish
- First, buff the nails to break the top coat.
- Apply a few drops of Artistic Revive Cuticle Oil to each nail and massage in.
- Saturate Artistic Foil Removal Wraps with Artistic Nail Product Remover and wrap around the fingertips, squeezing gently to secure. You can use a cotton ball and aluminium foil if you do not have removal wraps.
- Leave the nails to soak for 10-12 minutes.
- Apply slight pressure to the nail and remove the wrap (or foil) to lift the gel polish.
- Gently remove any excess gel using an orangewood stick, moving in the direction of nail growth from cuticle to tip.
- Remove any leftover traces with a cotton pad soaked with Artistic Nail Product Remover.
- Rinse the hands and apply cuticle oil to restore natural moisture levels.
Top Tip: If the gel polish doesn’t lift after the first soak, repeat the process. Scraping the nails could cause damage and should be avoided at all costs.
Why You Should Choose Artistic Nail Design
As a young and dynamic company, Artistic Nail Design is the ideal choice for modern nail bars, salons, and beauty spas that specialise in gel manicures, pedicures, and nail art. The brand offers an extensive range of products to inspire creativity, and as every colour in the collection is designed and developed by artists, they never fail to impress. If you are looking to switch to a new gel polish company or add to your current collection, Artistic will help you unleash your artistic flair.